Colgate Elementary School
Originally constructed in 1924, Colgate Elementary has served the Dundalk community for nearly 100 years. This 88,000 GSF replacement facility is based on the prototype design developed during the design of the West Towson Elementary School. That prototype was modified to include additional classroom and collaboration spaces to match the demand of this 530 student facility. This new facility includes a gym, cafeteria and large meeting rooms for community usage in after school hours. The building features an occupiable green roof as well as art and maker spaces.
Photos: © Tom Holdsworth
- Architect Design Collective, Inc.
- Owner Baltimore County Public Schools
- Location Dundalk, MD
- Categories Education